Thursday, December 23, 2010

A moment re-lived... and not a moment too soon.

It's 1:30 in the morning. At 5:30 in the morning I'll be headed with my family down to Mesa, Arizona to spend Christmas with my Grandparents. Definitely exciting. My family used to make this trip almost every winter from the time I was 10 until I was 18. It has been 6 years since I've been.

I used to hate this trip. When I was younger it was because of all the time in the car (11 hour trip). As I got older it was because of the time away from my friends. Now... I can't wait. I still don't love that I'll be in the back seat most of the way (I would much rather be driving), but I am very, very excited to go somewhere warm with my family and get out and spend some fun time on the road and visiting my grandparents. We don't take trips much, especially now that I don't live at home, so I guess this means a lot more to me now than it did ten years ago.

Grandma, Grandpa, I'm on my way.

P.S. Why am I up so late? I've learned a thing or two after all these years of making this trip. The drive goes by a LOT faster if I'm asleep for the first half of it :-) Good night, ya'lls.

No comments:

Post a Comment