Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mamma's Boy

"I have the best mom ever!" - Billions of people.

"You're all wrong. I do." - Me

Seriously, though. I love my mom. I love mother's day. There's nothing quite as awesome as spending an entire day, hanging out with the family, telling your mom how great she is, and enjoying one of the top-5 meals of the year (which I would designate as - in no particular order - : mother's day, christmas, thanksgiving, new years day, and the 4th of July). Seriously, what an amazing day.
Quick shout out to how awesome my mom is. I am so lucky. My mom does so much for me. I can't believe how much she still does for me. I still get phone calls from her every few days of school where she just checks up on me and makes sure that I'm doing ok. She always makes sure that I've got enough money and food and everything... I love her.
Don't think I'm one of those crappy sons who only says how much they love their mom online so that other people will think they are a good person. I also told my mom in person, a lot, how amazing she is. But let's not kid ourselves here, I'm definitely posting this so people will think I'm a good person ;) .
Also, it was cool for my family to be able to talk to my brother Nick. He is on his mission in southern California, and has been out for like 7 months or so. In my mind he is still "little brother", so it's kind of weird to think that he's out there on his mission. But he sounds so great. He really sounds like a full-blown, door-knocking, bible-thumping, real, genuine missionary. My testimony of how powerful being set apart as a missionary is has grown significantly. In my time being home from my own mission I guess I kind of forgot about that, but listening to my brother today brought it right back. He speaks with an awesome presence. I can tell the Spirit is with him and when he teaches, he teaches with power and authority. I am so jealous of him right now... kind of. Missions are way hard, but you get to feel some of the most amazing feelings of your life as a missionary. I miss it. I'm way happy for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment